Washington Women in Need (WWIN) Star Scholars
Website: Washington Women in Need
WWIN believes that a woman has the wisdom and freedom to make her own choices and design her own future. Given the opportunity, every woman can inspire positive change for herself, her family, and her community. We make financial grants to women in Washington State who are ready for transformational change. Please see program opportunities at https://www.wwin.org/what-we-do/.
WWIN Star Scholars will receive up to $5,000 per academic year or $20,000 over her undergraduate college career at the approved Washington college or university of her choice.
WWIN Star Scholars Program:
WWIN selects women who are ready for transformational life change, and have demonstrated financial need to help them cover the cost of their college degree. Our Scholars are determined and driven and have a deep desire to build a better future for themselves and their families. They are prepared to work towards a college degree, sparking positive change for themselves, their families, and their communities for generations to come.
In addition to being ready to transform their lives, applicants must meet all of WWIN’s eligibility criteria and submit all required documentation to be considered.
You are encouraged to apply if:
- You identify as a woman
- You have lived in Washington state for the past 12 months
- You will be 18 years of age or older as of September 1, 2021
- You are a US citizen, permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or current DACA recipient to the United States
- You have submitted your 2021-2022 FAFSA or WASFA and have received your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- You are enrolled at or admitted into a college or university approved by the Washington College Grant for the 2021-2022 academic year. Eligible schools can be found here.
- You are working towards an Associate’s degree, Certificate, technical degree, or your first Bachelor’s degree
- Your cumulative GPA is at or above 2.50
- You demonstrate financial need towards your Cost of Attendance
- Us Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Please note that as part of the application process, we require the following supporting documentation:
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License or Washington State ID Card
- Social Security Card or Permanent Resident Card (Green Card). It is acceptable to cover the first few digits for your protection.
- Your 2021-2022 Student Aid Report (SAR), which you should have received after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)
- Tax Returns used to prepare the 2021-2022 FAFSA or WASFA (or proof of non-filing). If you are a dependent student, this will also include the tax return of the person who claims you as a dependent.
- Verification of enrollment or acceptance at an approved Washington college or university – See Eligibility Criteria for approved schools
- Your most recent unofficial transcript (high school or college)
- Your official 2021-2022 Financial Aid Award Letter from the school you will be attending — This is the only document that can be received by WWIN after the application deadline, and it must be submitted as soon as it is available from your school.
When you lift a woman in need, you lift an entire family. We are humbled to know that through our efforts of improving the quality of lives for our grantees, we are also helping the future generations of our community.
To date, WWIN has provided more than 5,200 grants to women and helped change not only their lives, but also the lives of their families and the future of our community.
Washington Women In Need (WWIN) fills a gap by providing hope for families and funding grants for education, health care, insurance premiums, and mental health counseling services that are not being currently met in the community.
Washington Women In Need
232 5th Ave S, Suite 201
Kirkland, WA 98033