NASA Education Fellowship Opportunity
- U.S. Citizen (either by birth or naturalization) is required in order to apply in OSSI to be a NASA intern or fellow. If selected, you will be asked to provide proof of citizenship before the internship or fellowship begins.
- If you have questions regarding your citizenship, please refer to the U.S. Department of State website. (http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_782.html)
- A Permanent Resident Alien (PRA) or Legal Resident are not considered U.S. citizens and are not eligible for NASA student opportunities available through OSSI.
- Pre-college applicants must be at least 16 years of age (at time of application) and a current high school sophomore, junior, or senior. Please note that if a student completes an academic level in the spring, they will be considered the next level for summer sessions (i.e. a high school senior that graduates in the spring would be considered a freshman for a summer opportunity).
- At the time the opportunity begins, undergraduate and graduate students must be accepted/enrolled full-time in an accredited U.S. college or university. Please note that high school seniors are considered freshmen when applying for internships. Before beginning an internship, a high school senior must have been accepted to an accredited U.S. college or university with plans on attending full-time.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0. Please note if your college or university does not use GPA, you will need to explain the grading method in the application.
- US Citizen
For more information and questions concerning these program elements may be directed to Fellowships@mail.nasa.gov.