Each applicant must fulfill all the requirements listed below:
Actuarial Diversity Scholarship
Website: Be An Actuary
The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship promotes diversity within the profession through an annual scholarship program.
To provide scholarships at the undergraduate or graduate level for certain minority students who are interested in pursuing actuarial careers. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of individual merit and financial need and are renewable upon reapplication.
Recipients of Foundation scholarships are selected by representatives of the actuarial profession, who may one day be their peers. So, not only are these scholarships a means to offset the cost of education, they also serve as a prestigious recognition by a highly rated profession.
The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship promotes diversity within the profession through an annual scholarship program for Black/African American, Latinx, Native North American and Pacific Islander students.
- Must have at least one birth parent who is a member of one of the following minority groups:
- Black/African American,
- Native North American,
- Pacific Islander.
- Enrolling as or enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a U.S. accredited educational institution.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), emphasis on math or actuarial courses.
- Entering college freshmen must have a minimum ACT math score of 28 or SAT math score of 620.
- Intent on pursuing a career in the actuarial profession.
$1,000 – high school senior applying for freshman year;
$2,000 – college freshman applying for sophomore year
$3,000 – college sophomore applying for junior year; and
$4,000 – college junior applying for senior year
The award will be divided to cover multiple semesters or other terms comprising the academic year. All scholarship awards are made payable to the U.S. accredited educational institution. Recipients attending school for a portion of the upcoming year (e.g., one semester) will receive the corresponding portion of a full year scholarship amount.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
The Actuarial Foundation,
475 North Martingale Road,