Air and Waste Management Scholarships
Website: Air and Waste Management Association
Each year, the Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) recognizes outstanding students who are pursuing courses of study and research leading to careers in air quality, waste management, environmental management / policy / law, and sustainability with respect to air quality and waste management.
This includes student scholarships, thesis/dissertation awards, and awards for best student paper and poster at the Association’s Annual Conference & Exhibition. Winners will be highlighted in the Association’s EM magazine. The awards will be presented at the student awards ceremony during the Annual Conference & Exhibition held each year in June.
Student Award and Scholarship Information
The A&WMA invests in workforce development and in academic research essential to the improvement of environmental knowledge and innovation. Through consistent support from organizations, industries, and Section & Chapter fundraising, students were supported in their desire to contribute to society and to fulfill the A&WMA Mission.
A&WMA International Scholarships
The following named scholarships are awarded each year:
• Richard Stessel Memorial Scholarship for solid and hazardous waste research
• Jacqueline Shields Memorial Scholarship for waste management research and study
• Dave Benferado Scholarship for air pollution control and waste minimization research
Additional scholarships are also awarded each year in the following areas:
• Air quality research and study
• Waste management research and study
• Environmental management or policy research and study (Related to Air Quality or Waste Management)
• Sustainability research and study (Related to Air Quality or Waste Management)
- be full-time graduate students pursuing courses of study and research leading to careers in air quality, waste, or sustainability/management pertaining to air quality or waste.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Applications are available online.
Applicants are required to submit a CV/resume, plan of study, statement of purpose/goals, transcripts, letter of acceptance from Graduate school and/or Faculty Advisor, & 2 letters of recommendations.