Agnes C. Nelson Memorial Scholarship
The Agnes C. Nelson Memorial Scholarship is offered to students majoring in Economics and/or Political Science who demonstrate interest in BOTH fields. One scholarship, for approximately $8000, will be awarded to students who show commitment to these fields and who meet the eligibility criteria.
Deadlines are posted early in spring quarter.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must:
1. maintain a cumulative UW GPA of at least 3.2,
2. have completed 25 combined credits in Economics and Political Science, to include at least 10 credits in each department,
3. have completed 75 credits by the end of Spring,
4. have submitted a completed application form with all necessary attachments to either Ahna Kotila in Economics or Tamara Sollinger in Political Science,
5. are eligible for financial aid, as determined by the University of Washington Financial Aid Office.
If you did not apply for financial aid contact the Financial Aid Office to submit a late application.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Completed application packets must include:
- A completed application form (available at https://www.polisci.washington.edu/scholarships),
- an unofficial UW transcript (access the transcript from your MyUW page),
- A 500-word essay (approximately 2 pages, double spaced) in which you examine the interrelations between political processes and economic decisions.