Air Force ROTC Scholarships
Website: UW Air Force ROTC
Air Force ROTC at the University of Washington is an educational program designed to give you an opportunity to become an officer in the United States Air Force while you complete your bachelor's degree. Also, the Air Force ROTC program will prepare you to assume positions of increasing responsibility and importance in the modern Air Force.
Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) offers a variety of scholarships that will help relieve the financial burden of your college education. The High School Scholarship Program (HSSP) is available for high school seniors or those who have not yet enrolled in college full-time. The HSSP application is due in the fall prior to enrolling in college. The In College Scholarship Program (ICSP) are for those already enrolled full-time in college but are willing to pursue 3-4 years of undergraduate studies while in the program.
For more information, please visit the website http://www.afrotc.com/scholarships/.
Minimum Requirements for ICSP
- CGPA 3.0
- TGPA 2.5
- SAT 1100 or ACT 24
- DODMERB Qualified (Medical Exam)
- Passing PFA Score (Air Force Fitness Test) (Minimum 75)
- Have to be enrolled as cadet
- Student must be a United States citizen or be able to obtain U.S. citizenship by the last day of the term in which the student intends to be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicant must have completed at least one term of a full-time student.
- Us Citizen
if you are awarded a scholarship, you become obligated when you accept and sign an agreement with the United States Air Force.
If you are under legal age in the state where the school is located, your parent or legal guardian must sign this agreement.
- Continue to pursue the academic major for which the scholarship is offered.
- Enroll in or continue participation in Air Force ROTC.
- Complete a 13-day summer field training course at Maxwell AFB, Alabama, between your sophomore and junior year.
- Complete Air Force ROTC General Military Course (GMC) your freshman and sophomore years and the Professional Officer Course (POC) your junior and senior years.
- Accept a commission as an Air Force officer and serve at least four years on active duty.
AFROTC Detachment 910
206.543.2360 main office
University of Washington
Dept of Aerospace Studies
Seattle, WA 98195
U.S. and Canada: 866-423-7682 (Mon.-Fri., 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time)
All other countries: DSN: 493-2091
U.S. and Canada: 334-953-6167
60 West Maxwell Boulevard
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6501
DODMERB, Colorado Springs, CO 80840-2200
719-333-3562 ext. 1, then ext. 2