Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance Seattle Chapter Scholarship
Website: AFWA Scholarships
The Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance is a national organization with over 80 chapters across the country. When the Seattle Chapter was chartered in 1942, it was the 9th chapter of what was then called ASWA (American Society of Women Accountants). The Seattle Chapter celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2012.
The Seattle Chapter, with approximately 110 members, is one of the largest AFWA chapters nationally. Our members range from entry level accountants and students to bookkeepers, controllers, finance directors, accounting instructors, and a number of owners and partners of CPA practices.
Our chapter is pleased to provide access to two sources of scholarship funds – the AFWA Seattle Chapter Scholarship Fund and the The Foundation of AFWA. Each scholarship fund has its own deadline date, application form and set of criteria. Please read the instructions carefully.
- Shall be either a part-time or full-time student, pursuing either an associate’s of applied science, bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or finance or an equivalent designated post-baccalaureate certificate of accounting or finance.
- Shall have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours within four weeks of the application
- Shall have maintained a minimum grade point average of 2.05 overall and 3.0 in accounting or finance.
- Shall be attending an accredited Washington state community college, college, university or professional school of accounting or finance or be a Washington state resident.
- Need not be a member of Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance.
- Career goals
- Communication skills
- Financial need and circumstances
- Personal circumstances
- Grade point average
- Us Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
An application packet consists of all of the following:
- A completed Seattle Chapter application form (typed, if possible).
- An original current official college transcript (in sealed envelope) for each application.
- Financial aid transcripts from the college, if applicable, for each application
- Two original, signed, letters of recommendation for each application.
- Evidence of acceptance to program if you are either transferring to another college or beginning a post-baccalaureate education at a new university.
Only completed applications with all attachments that are received by the deadline will be considered.
Submit completed packages to:
800 5th Ave, Ste 101, PMB 237
Seattle, WA 98104-3191
AFWA Seattle Chapter Scholarship winners will be notified soon after the deadline, with funds to be paid to the schools by mid-August. All funds awarded will be paid for the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
All information received by AFWA is held in the strictest of confidence. Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, national origin, sex, religion, age, handicaps or marital status.
Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance
800 5th Ave, Suite 101, PMB 237
Seattle, WA 98104-3191