MASDAR Institute Graduate Scholarship
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology provides a cross-disciplinary course of study and research focused on sustainable technologies and policies. Our graduate programs integrate education and research to prepare graduate students to be innovators, creative scientists and critical thinkers.
Graduates of the Masdar Institute will receive a degree from Masdar Institute. Masdar Institute may also issue a certificate jointly signed by the President of Masdar Institute and the Director of the Masdar Institute/MIT Collaborative Agreement.
Masdar Institute offers the following programs:
- MSc in Chemical Engineering
- MSc in Computing and Information Science
- MSc in Electrical Power Engineering
- MSc in Engineering Systems and Management
- MSc in Materials Science and Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Microsystems Engineering
- MSc in Water and Environmental Engineering
- A Foundation Program
Masdar Institute accepts applications from qualified local and international students. Acceptance into the programs depends on academic qualifications and English proficiency, as all lectures, laboratory sessions, and written/oral examinations at the Institute will be conducted in English.
All successful applicants to Masdar Institute are offered a scholarship which provides full financial support. The scholarships, which are available to students from all nationalities, include all tuition fees, laptop, medical insurance, housing, travel expenses, and a cost of living allowance. In the online application, applicants can also indicate if they wish to apply for the Irena Scholarship. (The benefits of the Masdar and IRENA scholarship are exactly the same. IRENA scholars have additional talks and programs organized by IRENA)
- A relevant undergraduate degree - undergraduate degrees must be in the fields of science, engineering or information technology
- CGPA - The minimum required for consideration for admissions is 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- GRE scores - The minimum score required on the GRE Quantitative is 700 (or 155 on the new scale). There is no cut-off score for the Verbal and Analytical but these scores are also important and evaluated. The GRE exam cannot be waived.
- TOEFL (or academic IELTS) - The minimum TOEFL score required is 91 (Internet based) on the international TOEFL. Equivalent paper/computer based TOEFL is also accepted. The TOEFL can only be waived for native English speakers. The minimum academic IELTS score required is 6.5.
- High grades and scores are a prerequisite but are no guarantee of admission. Admission standards are in accordance with those of MIT.
The general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required and the following are some links for GRE preparation:
The ETS institutional GRE code for the Masdar Institute is 3870. Only the GRE general test is required. The ETS institutional TOEFL code for the Masdar Institute is 5786.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Applications available online at https://www.ku.ac.ae/admissions/graduate-admissions/
We welcome enquiries about our work here at Masdar Institute.
In the first instance, you can:
Tel +971 2 810 9333
Fax +971 2 810 9901