Korean American Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
Website: Korean American Scholarship Foundation
The Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) is a non-profit 501(3)(c), volunteer-managed organization established to:
- Provide scholarships to the Korean American students,
- Encourage community and civic service as an integral part of leadership development, and
- Nurture the sense of pride and confidence in Korean cultural heritage and tradition.
Our evaluation criteria include:
- Financial need,
- Scholastic achievement,
- Essay, and
- Extracurricular activities (including community service).
Western Regional Chapter Application Criteria: (https://www.kasf.org/apply-wrc/)
Qualifications for Scholarship Eligibility:
- Must be of Korean heritage (i.e., have a Korean parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent, or be adopted from Korea). The Western region is not currently offering scholarships to non-Korean descendants of Korean War veterans.
- Will be a full time student at a school in one of the designated Western region states (Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Alaska, or Hawaii) during the application school year.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Can demonstrate need for financial assistance.
Your category depends on what your status will be during the application school year, as follows:
- High School Seniors with plans to attend college in application school year - The chosen college must be within the Western region. You must include a copy of your acceptance letter.
- College Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors - The school you are attending must be within the Western region.
- College Seniors - You must be planning to attend a graduate or professional school in the Western region during the following school year. You must submit a letter of acceptance from the graduate or professional school.
- Graduate Students - You must be continuing your studies in the application school year at a school within the Western region.
Current non-students are eligible if they can provide documentation (acceptance letters, signed commitment letters, or other documents showing commitment to attend) indicating they will be a full time student in one of the above categories in the application school year.
Students who reside, or will reside, in the US during the application school year, whether US citizens or foreign nationals, are all welcome to apply.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Apply online at https://www.kasf.org/apply-wrc/
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com