Google Women Techmakers Scholars Program
Website: Women Techmakers Scholars Program
Dr. Anita Borg (1949–2003) believed that technology affects all aspects of our economic, political, social, and personal lives. A technology rebel with a cause, she fought tirelessly to ensure that technology’s impact would be a positive one. Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields.
Her combination of technical expertise and fearless vision continues to inspire and motivate countless women to become active participants and leaders in creating technology.
Google is proud to honor Anita’s memory and support women in technology with the following scholarship programs:
- Women Techmakers Scholarship for computer science (APAC, EMEA and NA)
- Women Techmakers Scholarship for gaming in partnership with Stadia, Google’s all new gaming platform (EMEA and NA)
- Women Techmakers Irish University Scholarship (Ireland)
Three different scholarships are available for students in the US & Canada; Europe, Middle East, Africa; Asia Pacific.
- Have a high school degree or equivalent
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field OR be studying video game programing, game engineering, game design and development, or a closely related field in gaming
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in technology (i.e. computer science or gaming).
- Us Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
For questions, please email WTMScholars@google.com.