UNCF Merck Manufacturing Leadership Development Program Preparation Institute
Website: UNCF - Scholarships
UNCF is continuing its long-time partnership with Merck by working together to identify and recruit talented diverse candidates who have high potential to make a positive impact at Merck. UNCF is offering a unique coaching, development and scholarship opportunity for undergraduate juniors or graduate students who are completing their first year of study to participate in an intensive preparation program to prepare them to be successful and competitive candidates for the Merck Manufacturing Leadership Development Program.
- African American, or other underrepresented minority student (Latino/Hispanic American, Native American, Asian Pacific Island American) enrolled full-time at an accredited, four-year, historically black college or university (HBCU) or other four-year institution
- Rising senior (junior when applying) or graduate student who is completing first year of studies. Applicants must be graduating either December 2017 or May/June 2018 to be considered for the program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 overall; Major GPA 3.5
- Majoring in bio-engineering, biochemistry/biological chemistry, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, chemical engineering, chemistry, industrial engineering, material science and engineering, mechanical engineering, and supply chain/logistics
- Us Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Step 1: Complete the Online Profile
Step 2: Provide Short Answer Responses demonstrating strength in the following areas:
- Ability to navigate a work environment
- Leadership skills, especially in field of study
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities and community service
- Ability to collaborate in teams and work well independently
- Ability to analyze information
Step 3: Prepare the following documents for upload:
- A professional resume (be sure to include institution, GPA, graduation date, relevant coursework and course projects).
- A graded academic paper/assignment demonstrating superior communications skills (preferrably in major field of study).
- Provide an unofficial transcript with complete academic history through Fall 2016. Transcript should include both major and cumulative GPA.
Targeted Career Development Support
- MMLDP Prep Program Boot Camp - All accepted participants MUST participate, tentatively schedule for July 14-17, 2017.
- Career Coaching
- Interview Readiness Training co-developed by Merck
- $2,500 scholarship available for students who complete the program - awarded for the 2017-18 academic year.
Rotation members should expect to work at different domestic or international sites during their tenure in the program, and should have flexibility to move where assigned to meet business needs. Within the rotation, some domestic and international travel may be required. International rotation assignments or travel are not guaranteed.
- Participants must be willing to be assigned to different jobs and different sites over the first three years of employment.
- Ability to travel and willingness to be assigned to any Merck site in the US or other Merck sites including countries outside the US based on business needs.