AAUW Anacortes Branch Scholarship
The Anacortes Branch of the American Association of University Women is offering five $1500 scholarships to women who are in an undergraduate degree program, a vocational certification program, or planning to take courses beyond the undergraduate level in preparation for an advanced degree. The woman must either be an Anacortes High School graduate OR have resided on Fidalgo Island or Guemes Island for the last three years. Previous applicants and recipients of AAUW scholarships may apply; however, it is not available to high school seniors or those applying for their freshmen year.
The scholarship will paid directly to the accredited college, university, or training institution where the student is registered. The fund may be used by the student at any at any time during the year for books, tuition, and/or supplies.
This scholarship is available for women who are entering or completing an undergraduate degree program, a
vocational certification program, or taking courses beyond the undergraduate level in preparation for
an advanced degree. The woman must either be an Anacortes High School Graduate or have
resided on Fidalgo Island or Guemes Island for the last three years. Previous applicants and recipients of AAUW scholarships may apply.
The AAUW Scholarship Committee will consider the following selection criteria:
- Anacortes High School or Cap Sante previous graduate OR resident of Fidalgo or Guemes Island for the last three years
- NOT available to high school seniors or college freshmen
- Previous applicant and recipients of AAUW scholarships may apply
- Female applicants only
- Shows commitment to education and career goals and demonstrates experiences related to achieving goals
- Strong GPA and academic history a consideration
- Preference to students with financial need or those who have made personal contributions to fund their education
- Preference to students who have served their community or had unique life experiences
The five recipients will be recognized at the AAUW General Meeting on June 9, 7:00 pm
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Applications can be submitted either online or by regular mail. The submission addresses are listed on the application document.
Applications must include:
- Unofficial electronic transcripts from accredited colleges, universities, or training institutions attended.
- Personal Statement which describes in 500 words or less your commitment to your educational and career goals. Explain any special circumstances, including financial, that have influenced your plans.
Applications must be submitted to Anacortes Schools Foundation website by NOON on April 27, 2022
Applications can be requested from:
- AAUW email address (online version): email@example.com
- ANACORTES PUBLIC LIBRARY (paper version): 1220 Tenth Street, Anacortes, WA 98221
- Online at https://anacortes-wa.aauw.net/scholarships-information/
Should you have questions about the application process, please contact: Barbara Benson, AAUW Scholarship Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 202-3034