AAUW Anacortes Branch Scholarship
The Anacortes Branch of the American Association of University Women is offering $2000 scholarships to women who are in an undergraduate degree program, a vocational certification program, or planning to take courses beyond the undergraduate level in preparation for an advanced degree.
The scholarship will be paid directly to the accredited college, university, or training institution where the student is registered. The funds may be used by the student at any time during the year for books, tuition, and/or supplies.The Anacortes Branch of the American Association of University Women is offering five $1500 scholarships to women who are in an undergraduate degree program, a vocational certification program, or planning to take courses beyond the undergraduate level in preparation for an advanced degree. The woman must either be an Anacortes High School graduate OR have resided on Fidalgo Island or Guemes Island for the last three years. Previous applicants and recipients of AAUW scholarships may apply; however, it is not available to high school seniors or those applying for their freshmen year.
The American Association of University Women’s mission is advancing equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy. The Anacortes Branch was started in 1956 and has given more than $130,000 in scholarships to local women since 1988.
The AAUW Scholarship Committee will consider the following selection criteria:
- Anacortes High School or Cap Sante previous graduate OR resident of Fidalgo or Guemes Island for the last three years
- NOT available to high school seniors
- Previous applicant and recipients of AAUW scholarships may apply
- Female applicants only
- Shows commitment to education and career goals and demonstrates experiences related to achieving goals
- Academic history a consideration
- Preference to students with financial need or those who have made personal contributions to fund their education
- Preference to students who have served their community or had unique life experiences
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
You may access the link to the application through the Anacortes Schools Foundation: https://www.anacortesschoolsfoundation.org/scholarships/
Applications must include:
- Unofficial electronic transcripts from accredited colleges, universities, or training institutions attended, and an unofficial transcript from Anacortes High School if the woman is a graduate
- Personal Statement which describes in 500 words or less your commitment to your educational and career goals. Explain any special circumstances, including financial, that have influenced your plans.
AAUW Anacortes is interested in expanding its membership. Our branch supports local STEM programs and scholarships, Tech Trek summer camp for 7grade students, and scholarships for women who are pursuing a college degree. Monthly meetings are open to the public and feature interesting guest speakers that support our mission to advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
Should you have questions about the application process, please contact:
Barbara Benson, AAUW Scholarship Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 202-3034