Turkish Coalition of America
TCA awards up to 100 scholarships per year for African American, Hispanic American and Native American students. These scholarships are awarded to eligible undergraduate and graduate students who have been accepted to a university in Turkey, The Turkish Republic of Northem Cyprus (TRNC) or Bosnia and Herzegovina.
This scholarship program is administered by Turkish Coalition of America. Scholarship recipients are selected by Turkish Coalition of America and will receive their scholarships prior to departure to Turkey, TRNC or Bosnia Herzegovina for the program they have applied for.
TCA will award grants up to $2,000 per calendar year to full-time undergraduates (graduate students on a case by case basis) who have been accepted to a study abroad program in Turkey for a semester or summer respectively. For more information, please download the Program Brochure!
Undergraduate or graduate students who fulfill the following criteria may apply:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of African-American, Hispanic/Latino or Native American ethnic origin.
- Enrolled full-time, in good standing at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Must be accepted to a Study Abroad program, language program at a university in Turkey,TRNC, Bosnia Herzegovina or to a university sponsored study to Turkey,TRNC or Bosnia Herzegovina.
- Willing to share experiences in Turkey, TRNC or Bosnia Herzegovina with the TCA community – especially via TCA's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TurkishCoalitionofAmerica.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM WITH PICTURE
[Please click here for the application form.]
- DOCUMENTATION VERIFYING ACCEPTANCE into a study abroad program in Turkey, TRNC or in Bosnia Herzegovina. A copy of your acceptance letter from the school or organization with whom you will study with in Turkey is preferred.
- RESUME Must be submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT Must be original. Transcripts may NOT be sent separately.
All applications must be submitted to Turkish Coalition of America's Washington, DC office. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
TCA is not responsible for placing students at universities in Turkey, TRNC or Bosnia Herzegovina. Please note that TCA is not responsible for finding housing, internships or other forms of financing for any student who is awarded a scholarship under this program.
- Headquarter Washington, D.C.
- 1510 H Street, NW, Suite 900
- Washington, D.C. 20005-1003
- Phone: 202-370-1399
- Fax: 202-370-1398
- 48 Jonas Brown Circle
- Concord, MA 01742
- Phone: 978-318-0047
- Fax: 978-318-0037
- Cumhuriyet Cad. No: 17/3
- Taksim, Istanbul 34437
- Phone: (+90) 212-297-9580
- Fax: (+90) 212-297-4039