Turkish Coalition of America
TCA awards up to 100 scholarships per year for African American, Hispanic American and Native American students. These scholarships are awarded to eligible undergraduate and graduate students who have been accepted to a university in Turkey, The Turkish Republic of Northem Cyprus (TRNC) or Bosnia and Herzegovina.
This scholarship program is administered by Turkish Coalition of America. Scholarship recipients are selected by Turkish Coalition of America and will receive their scholarships prior to departure to Turkey, TRNC or Bosnia Herzegovina for the program they have applied for.
TCA will award grants up to $2,000 per calendar year to full-time undergraduates (graduate students on a case by case basis) who have been accepted to a study abroad program in Turkey for a semester or summer respectively. For more information, please download the Program Brochure!
Undergraduate or graduate students who fulfill the following criteria may apply:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of African-American, Hispanic/Latino or Native American ethnic origin.
- Enrolled full-time, in good standing at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Must be accepted to a Study Abroad program, language program at a university in Turkey,TRNC, Bosnia Herzegovina or to a university sponsored study to Turkey,TRNC or Bosnia Herzegovina.
- Willing to share experiences in Turkey, TRNC or Bosnia Herzegovina with the TCA community – especially via TCA's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TurkishCoalitionofAmerica.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please send your completed application to the Turkish Coalition of America office in Washington, DC.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications MUST include:
- COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM WITH PICTURE [Please click here for the application form.]
- DOCUMENTATION VERIFYING ACCEPTANCE into a study abroad program in Turkey, the TRNC, or Bosnia and Herzegovina. A copy of your acceptance letter from the school or organization with whom you will study with in Turkey is preferred.
- RESUME Must be submitted on one single-sided 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT Must be original. Transcripts may NOT be sent separately.
Please MAIL complete applications to:
The Turkish Coalition of America
1510 H St, NW Ste 900
Washington, DC 20005
This scholarship program is administered by the Turkish Coalition of America (TCA). Scholarship recipients are selected by TCA and will receive their scholarships prior to departure to Turkey, TRNC, or Bosnia and Herzegovina for the program to which they have applied.
TCA is not responsible for placing students at universities in Turkey, TRNC, or Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please note that TCA is not responsible for finding housing, internships, or other forms of financing for any student who is awarded a scholarship under this program.
Headquarter Washington, D.C.
1510 H Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, D.C. 20005-1003
48 Jonas Brown Circle
Concord, MA 01742
Cumhuriyet Cad. No: 17/3
Taksim, Istanbul 34437
Phone: (+90) 212-297-9580
Fax: (+90) 212-297-4039