Buildium's Build U. Scholarship
Website: Buildium's Build U. Scholarship
We believe great companies are built upon a set of shared values like these (which happen to be our company values). Great software companies are also built upon quality design and engineering.
Buildium’s Build U. Scholarship awards one $2,500 prize each semester to the Product Design, Interaction Design, UX Design, Engineering, or Computer Science student who answers our latest question about what is most important to building a great company.
The catch: You’ve got 1,000 words. Keep it short and sweet, but make it powerful and compelling. We’ll read all the essays and pick the one that best exemplifies how ownership leads to a better company.
That’s it. Now it’s time to write…
You must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program in the United States or Canada, majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older at the date of submission and in good academic standing with their college or university. We cannot accept applications from high school students, regardless of age. This scholarship is only for students CURRENTLY enrolled and actively studying in an undergraduate or graduate level program.
In less that 1,000 words, tell us which company or organization (other than Buildium) you think best exemplifies one of the above core values and how?
- All essays can be submitted to email@example.com with a subject line of "Build U. Scholarship- [Your Name]"
- Please attach them as a Word document of PDF. Essays submitted in the email body cannot be processed.
- Please also attach a copy of your unofficial transcript as proof of your enrollment. If you are currently enrolled in your first semester, please send a copy of your acceptance letter. No alternative forms of documentation will be accepted.
- In the body of your email, please include the following exactly:
- First Name Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- The school you are attending
- Your major/concentration
- Expected Graduation Year
Please record a short video in response to this question: "What would the Build U. Scholarship mean for your education?"
- Video entries must be 1-2 minutes in length and can be recorded using a smartphone
- Please state your name in the video and repeat the prompt when answering the question. Example: "Hi, my name is Lauren Mason. Winning the Build U. Scholarship would mean that I am able to start next semester with a little less stress knowing that my book fees are covered and..."
- If shot using a smartphone, please record it in landscape (not portrait) mode. Phone should be held longways/horizontally.
- Be CREATIVE and make it personal! You can talk from the heart, do a skit, do a demonstration, walk us through your school or classrooms-- anything!
To be considered fully eligible, video submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Videos must answer the prompt listed above. "What would the Build U. Scholarship mean for your education?"
- Videos must be original and should not include musical overlay.
- Videos can be sent as a link (if stored on Youtube or Vimeo), emailed with your essay submission if the file size is allowed, or it can be sent separately as a TEXT MESSAGE to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please remember to include your name!
38 Chauncy St, 12th Floor
Boston, MA 02111