Washington State Employees Credit Union Scholarship
Every year WSECU extends an invitation to our members who are beginning or continuing their higher education to apply for a scholarship.
- The application period runs December to February each year.
- Recipients are selected and notified in the spring.
- WSECU members of all ages are welcome to apply.
- $2,000 is awarded for two-year colleges and vocational schools.
- $3,000 is awarded for four-year undergraduate and graduate programs.
- New this year, a FAFSA form will be required to apply.
Our scholarship committee will choose recipients based on the following:
School and community involvement
Letters of recommendation
Two 500-word essays
All applicants must be WSECU members
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Must be a full-time student at the time of the award.
- Must be a WSECU member in good standing when the application is reviewed and the scholarship is awarded. Membership in any other credit union does not satisfy eligibility for this program.
- WSECU-elected volunteers and their family members, as well as Scholarship Committee members and their family members, are not eligible for this scholarship.
- FAFSA form required to apply
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status