Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants Scholarships
Website: WSCPA Scholarships
The Washington CPA Foundation awarded over $500,000 in scholarships to accounting students attending an accredited college or university in the state of Washington for the current school year.
- Students entering junior year or higher in the fall of the year you are applying. Fifth year, master's, and PhD candidates as well as community college transfers are encouraged to apply
- GPA minimum of 3.0 (or equivalent) in accounting courses and overall
- Involvement in on-campus, off-campus or community activities
- Provide one letter of recommendation on letterhead from a CPA, mentor, professor, or direct supervisor
- Students transferring from a community college to a 4-year college or university accredited in Washington State are eligible for scholarships
- Fifth year, graduate and PhD accounting students attending a college or university that is accredited in Washington State are eligible for scholarships
- Past scholarship recipients may re-apply
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Apply online at https://www.wscpa.org/community/future-cpas/scholarships.
- Unofficial transcripts from the college or university you currently attend and any that you attended previously
- The email address of a CPA, mentor, professor, or direct supervisor who will provide a reference for you
- Current résumé that includes any internships (paid or unpaid), jobs, awards, volunteer positions or leadership roles on campus or in the community
- Three essays of 500 words or less. Find the questions in the scholarship application.
Check out some tips for a successful scholarship application.
Washington Society of CPAs
170 120th Ave NE Ste E101
Bellevue, WA 98005