Women Marines Association Scholarships
Website: Women Marines
The WMA Scholarship committee administers a variety of awards and the total number of scholarships granted is determined by the annual earnings from the investments (available funds) and the specific scholarship requirements. All submissions completed within the application period by qualified applicants get reviewed for consideration.
- Application Period is 1 February – 31 March
- Applications that are postmarked after 31 March will not be considered.
- Eligibility: All scholarship applicants must be sponsored by a WMA member in good standing (apart from Marine Corps JROTC cadets who have a special eligibility requirement as stated Proof of Military Service) and satisfy one of the identified criteria outlined in WMA Scholarship Procedures.
- Applications must be submitted each year; they are not reoccurring.
Available WMA Scholarships:
- Agnes Sopcak Memorial Scholarship/s: up to $5000
- Ethyl and Armin Wiebke Memorial Scholarship (1): $1500
- Fallen Warrior Scholarship (1): $1500
- LRue A. Ditmore Music Scholarship/s: up to $5000
- Lily H. Gridley Memorial Scholarship (1): $1500
- Major Meghan McClung Memorial Scholarship (1) $1500
- Margaret Apel (1): Sponsored by the OR-Chapter $1500
- Virginia Guveyan Memorial Scholarship (1): $1500
- WMA Memorial Scholarship/s: up to $5000
To qualify for review applicant must satisfy with proof one of the following:
1. Applicant must have served, or currently serving in the United States Marine Corps or Reserve;
2. Be a direct descendant by blood, legal adoption, or stepchild of a Marine on active duty, or who has served honorably in the United States Marine Corps, Regular or Reserve;
3. Be a sibling or a descendant of a sibling by blood, legal adoption, or stepchild of a Marine on active duty, or who has served honorably in the United States Marine Corps, Regular or Reserve, OR;
4. Be a spouse of a Marine, OR;
5. Have completed two years in a Marine Corps JROTC program AND
6. All applicants must be sponsored by a WMA member.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Both and procedures and the application can be found online at: https://www.womenmarines.org/scholarships
The application can be filled in online, print, gather all of your documentation, sign and send in as directed in the procedures. Be sure to print a copy for yourself.
Application Period is:
February 1 - March 31
- PROOF OF MILITARY SERVICE. If eligibility is based on one’s own service, a copy of their Discharge
Certificate, DD214 (SSN should be redacted), copy of military ID card, Veterans Administration (VA)
verification letter, or a letter on command letterhead from the Commanding Officer or Administrative Officer
is required to verify eligibility.
- PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO A U.S. MARINE. If eligibility is based on the relationship to a Marine, please
submit evidence of the relationship. Documents required as proof include a copy of the Discharge Certificate
or DD214, VA verification letter, marriage certificates, birth certificates, adoption documents, or military
dependent ID, or a letter on Command stationery. PLEASE REDACT ANY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS.
- USMC JROTC STATUS. If eligibility is based on JROTC participation, a Senior Military Instructor (SMI) must
submit a letter attesting to the applicant’s status. The second letter of recommendation is still required.
For additional questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org