Washington State Home and Community Educators Scholarship
Website: Washington State Home and Community Educators
The Washington State Home and Community Educators is sponsoring four $1,000 scholarships for four women, 25 years or older, who have a defined plan to continue their education to improve possibilities for advancement or train for a new career. Special consideration will be given to women entering family-related fields.
One organizational objective of the Washington State Home and Community Educators is to strengthen and develop adult education in the family and consumer science areas through continuing education. This organization works in collaboration with Washington State University Extension in many counties in the state.
Two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to two women, 25 years of age or older, who:
a. Have a definite plan to use the desired training to enter or re-enter the job market, to improve chances for advancement or to train for a new career field;
b. Have demonstrated a need for financial assistance to upgrade skills or complete their education for career advancement; and
c. Are Washington State residents attending a school in Washington State
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
You can submit your application information one of two ways:
1. E-mail application information and send the letters of recommendation and transcripts in the mail. Send all e-mail correspondence to: email@example.com using the word “scholarship” in the subject line; or
2. Send the entire application, letters of recommendation and transcripts by mail to:
610 5th Street
Steilacoom, WA 98388
There is not a specific application form for this scholarship. Your application consists of your comments and answers to the items listed below.
2. Name and birthdate
3. Home address
4. High School address and year of graduation
5. College or vocational schools.
6. College address (if applicable). Year in college (if applicable)
7. Transcript from college or vocational schools
8. Approximate household income and number of dependents on this income. Ages of children.
9. Present occupation
10. A short statement describing your plan for education or job training.
11. An estimate of total college expenses for next year (include tuition and fees, books, room and board, transportation, other expenses).
12. An estimate of funds available to you for your college expenses (savings, part-time jobs at college, loans, grants, scholarships and other sources).
13. List volunteer work and/or community involvement during the past four years.
14. Include two letters of recommendation from community leaders endorsing your training plan and attesting to your character.
15. Please enclose an email address even if you mail the application.
Judging is based on: Scholarship 40%- Need 40%- Community involvement 20%.
Phone: (253) 588-4541