Southwest Airlines Education Travel Program
The 12th Annual “Giving Flight to Your Success™/Dándole Alas a Tu Éxito™" ¡Lánzate! Travel Award Program is sponsored by Southwest Airlines and the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).
Through this national education initiative, Southwest Airlines will award roundtrip e-pass(es) to undergraduate and graduate students across the country who travel away from home to pursue a higher education and meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
A selection committee consisting of national education advocates and community leaders will select the award recipients. Recipients may be awarded 1-4 roundtrip e-pass(es) for the student and/or parent to use when traveling to/from the college/university. The complimentary e-pass(es) can be used for travel to any of the Southwest Airlines destinations in the United States (void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law) as listed on www.southwest.com.
- Student must be enrolled in a college at least 200 miles from their designated home.
- Student must be in good academic standing as determined by his or her college.
- Student must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older at time of application.
- Recipient must be a legal U.S. resident.
All federal government regulations related to air travel and Transportation Security Administration rules must be adhered to, including, but not limited to, producing a valid government issued photo ID for air travel.
- One application per student must be submitted online by the specified deadline of July 19, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Incomplete applications and applications not submitted online will be disqualified.
- Needed travel must be to/from Southwest Airlines destinations.
- Selected students will be required to submit an Enrollment Verification Form from his or her college/university.
- Selected students will be required to complete and submit a W-9.
- The deadline to submit Enrollment Verification Form and W-9 is July 19, 2021.
- The student must identify direct or parental ties to a specific country to determine Hispanic origin on the application.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- Application deadline is May 14, 2021 at 11:59 CT.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure your essays are 300-500 words. Applications not meeting requirements will not be considered. For scholarship essay writing tips, visit academictips.org.
HACU will notify all applicants in August when final selection is complete. Selected students will receive an email and details of travel award from Southwest Airlines by August 6, 2021.
For additional information contact: Office of Development, at (210) 576-3236 or email@example.com.