Soroptimist International of Seattle Metropolitan Avys Hathaway Endowed Award
Website: Soroptimist International of Seattle Metropolitan
The Avys Hathaway Scholarship Endowment Award, established by Soroptimist International of Seattle Metropolitan, is awarded to a single woman, head of household, from the Seattle community who is committed to attaining a higher education. Applicants for this award must meet the eligibility requirements specified below. The $2,000 scholarship is awarded based upon demonstrated need and is for the purpose of tuition and fees. The scholarship monies will be paid directly to the institution.
- Applicant must be a single woman, head of household, with primary financial responsibility for supporting a family (including children, siblings and/or parents);
- Enrolled or accepted in a course of study leading to a BS, BA, Masters, or Doctorate degree;
- Course of study must provide career advancement;
- Career goals must be clear and attainable within a reasonable period of time;
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
Previous Avys Hathaway Endowment Award recipients are ineligible to apply.
Soroptimists and their immediate family are ineligible to apply.
Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Application forms and instructions are available at http://soroptimistseattlemet.org/programs/
Please send your applications to: SISM, Attn: Avys, PO Box 2676, Seattle, WA 98111.
For additional information or questions, please contact Awards Chair at: