Website: Samvid Scholars Program
A new scholarship for future leaders and changemakers, Samvid Scholars was established in 2021 by Samvid Ventures to invest in the graduate education of future leaders who are committed to effecting positive change in society.
- Samvid Scholars will empower future leaders and changemakers by providing financial support for graduate study as well as leadership training
- Scholars receive up to $50K for tuition and fees each year for two years of study in a graduate program
- Scholars will receive two years of leadership development programming to support them to continue to fulfill their extraordinary potential. All Scholars will have access to robust ongoing programming and will be part of an alumni community of mentorship, collaboration, and lifelong relationships
An eligible candidate will:
- Pursue a full-time graduate program of 2 years or longer at a university in the United States, in one of the following eligible programs:
- MS/MA in the social sciences or STEM
- Be a first-year graduate student for the academic year immediately following the application cycle
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5
- Be a U.S. citizen or DACA recipient
- Maintain academic good standing in order to remain eligible for the second year of the scholarship
- US Citizen
Get complete application information and essay questions at https://www.samvid.ventures/samvid-scholars/.
- The application will consist of:
- Personal contact information
- Academic information
- Transcripts from all degree-granting higher education institutions
- Standardized test scores
- Information about planned graduate study
- Short essays
- Two recommendations
- Finalists will be contacted for a virtual interview with the scholarship selection committee.
- Candidates selected for the scholarship will be notified shortly afterward. All other applicants will be notified of their status as well.
- Awardees will be asked to provide confirmation of enrollment in a qualifying graduate program.
A selection committee will evaluate candidates based on:
- Academic excellence: You have an excellent academic record, reflecting your critical thinking ability, your drive, and your interest in your academic field
- Leadership: You have an outstanding track record of leading people and projects that deliver results. You have a leader’s mindset; you are optimistic and self-reliant but open to, and interested in, diverse perspectives and approaches
- Service focus: You are committed to driving change for society through your leadership; you are focused on the impact of your achievements principally on others
- Bias towards action: You not only think about big questions with nuance and clarity but also, and critically, act to address them
- Grit: You have demonstrated leadership over the long term on the issues, which matter to you, even despite setbacks
The Samvid Scholars Team
866 United Nations Plaza Suite 552
New York, NY 10017