P.E.O. Sisterhood Continuing Education Scholarship
Website: P.E.O. International
P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education,established in 1973, is a grant program providing financial assistance to women whose education has been interrupted and who find it necessary to return to school to support themselves and/or their families.
They must demonstrate a need for financial assistance with their educational expenses to improve their marketable skills for employment.
A woman is eligible for recommendation by a local chapter if she:
- is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada;
- is enrolled in a certification or degree program;
- is living and studying in the United States or Canada for the entire course of study;
- has had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student sometime in her adult life;
- is within 24 consecutive months of completing her educational program which, at the conclusion of, will lead to employment or job advancement;
- will complete her program of education within 24 months after the beginning date of the term for which the grant is requested.
A woman is not eligible for grant consideration if she:
- is requesting the grant for use in prerequisite courses needed to secure admission into another program of study;
- is choosing immediate continuation of her education beyond the current program for which the grant is requested;
- is enrolled in a doctoral degree program.
- US Citizen
- International or Other Visa Status
- Information Form – Potential PCE Candidate Seeking Chapter Sponsorship (PDF - updated 8/18)
- PCE Policies (PDF - updated 7/20)
P.E.O. (philanthropic educational organization), one of the pioneer societies for women, was founded on January 21, 1869, by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Originally a small campus friendship society, P.E.O. soon blossomed to include women off campus. Today, P.E.O. has grown from that tiny membership of seven to almost a quarter of a million members in chapters in the United States and Canada. The P.E.O. Sisterhood is passionate about its mission: promoting educational opportunities for women. Our sisterhood proudly makes a difference in women's lives with five international projects: P.E.O. Educational Loan Fund, Cottey College, P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund, P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education, and P.E.O. Scholar Awards. P.E.O. is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa.
Western Washington P.E.O. AO Chapter contact:
PO Box 17225
Seattle WA 98107