P.E.O. Sisterhood - AO Chapter
Website: P.E.O. International
The P.E.O. Sisterhood is a philanthropic and educational organization interested in bringing to women increased opportunities for higher education. Founded as a sorority at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mt. Pleasant Iowa in 1869, it has grown from a group of seven women to an international organization.
Chapter AO of the P.E.O. Sisterhood has available grants and loans to qualified women seeking to further their education. Education must take place in an accredited institution. Awarded money is paid directly to the chosen school upon notification of acceptance.
Submission must be made online between August 20thand November 20th.
A woman is eligible to be recommended for the P.E.O. STAR Scholarship provided she:
- Exhibits excellence in leadership, academics, extracurricular activities, community service and potential for future success
- Has a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Is in the final academic year (senior year) of her secondary education and is 20 years of age or under at the end of the calendar year
- Is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- Plans to attend an accredited post secondary educational institution in the United States or Canada, full-time or part-time, in the fall of the academic year following high school graduation
- Is recommended by and receives the vote of a local P.E.O. chapter
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
The preliminary screening is conducted on the basis of the Chapter AO PEO application form completed by the candidate. Since this application constitutes the initial contact with the candidate, we encourage applicants to give it careful thought in preparation. Finalists are screened in a personal interview with a representative of Chapter AO. The chapter members make final decisions. Those candidates to be interviewed will be notified.
For applications please contact:
PO Box 17225
Seattle WA 98107
or via request: http://www.peointernational.org/contact-us