Structural Engineering Institute's O.H. Ammann Research Fellowship in Structural Engineering
Website: Structural Engineering Institute
The O. H. Ammann Research Fellowship in Structural Engineering, which is bestowed annually to a member for the purpose of encouraging the creation of new knowledge in the field of structural design and construction. The O. H. Ammann Fellowship was endowed in 1963 by O. H. Ammann, Hon.M.ASCE, and was increased in 1985 by Klary V. Ammann (widow of O. H. Ammann).
1. Applicant must be member of the Society (membership applications may be submitted with scholarship application), in any grade, and must be in good standing at the time of award;
2. The purpose of the Fellowship is to encourage the creation of new knowledge in the field of structural design and construction, and should be used for that purpose;
3. During the tenure of this fellowship, the recipient may not work on research projects other than that for which this fellowship has been granted; but recipients may accept other awards if the conditions of such awards are the same as those for this fellowship;
4. Evidence must be shown throughout the application that the recipient has the ability to conceive and explore original ideas in the field of structural engineering.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
The application is comprised of three sections: (1) Written Documentation, (2) Letters of Recommendation, (3) Transcripts. Please fill out the online application and submit your Written Documentation as a single PDF that includes parts a, b, c, d, and e. Letters of recommendation (part f) must be uploaded separately by your nominators. Have transcript (part g) emailed to Susan Reid.
a) Completed application form;
b) Personal essay on why you should receive this Fellowship. The essay shall be no more than 500 words and shall highlight why you chose to become a civil engineer, your specific ASCE Student Chapter involvement, any special financial needs and your long term goals and plans;
c) A detailed statement indicating how the Fellowship monies will be used;
d) Provide a description of the proposed research and its objectives, including a statement from the institution at which the research is to be done that the applicant and proposed research are acceptable to the institution;
e) A one to two page resume should be attached which includes honors, activities, organizations, ASCE student chapter activities including any offices held, and any work experience;
f) Minimum of two letters of recommendation. Recommendations must be submitted via the on-line system (must respond to #4 in Eligibility), and;
g) Official or unofficial transcript. A digital copy of an official transcript must be sent to Susan Reid, if this is not possible an unofficial transcript can be added to the submitted PDF.
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING INSTITUTE of ASCE
O.H. AMMANN RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
c/o: Susan Reid
1801 ALEXANDER BELL DRIVE
RESTON, VA 20191-4400
703-295-6299 or firstname.lastname@example.org