National Dental Association Foundation Scholarships
The NDA Foundation is the non- profit, charitable arm of the National Dental Association (NDA). The NDA is the largest dental organization, representing dentists, dental students, dental hygienists, and dental assistants of African-American descent nationally and internationally.
Incorporated in 1976, as a 501(c) 3, the Foundation achieves its mission through support of educational and scientific research endeavors. For more than 35 years, the Foundation has been successful in promoting its agenda, securing scholarships and grants, and funding programs to ensure oral health care remains a viable profession for African-Americans and other under- represented students.
The program currently offers several scholarships for students. Learn more about each at https://www.ndafoundation.org/dental-scholarships.html:
- Dr. Joseph L. Henry - Freshman/First Year Scholarship ($2000)
- Pre-Doctoral Scholarship for 2nd/3rd/4th Year Dental Students ($1000)
- Dr. Bessie E. Delaney Post-Doctoral Award for Women ($10,000)
- Dr. Clifton O. Dummett & Lois Doyle Dummett Memorial Post-Doctoral Award ($10,000)
- Dental Assistant Scholarship ($500)
- Dental Hygiene Scholarship ($800)
Please see above, requirements vary by program.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Application forms and instructions are available at.
Complete the online form, and follow instructions for additional documents.
National Dental Association Foundation
ATTN: Dr. Brandon A. Gordon
7129 Maplelawn Drive
Ypsilanti, MI 48197