National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Presidential Scholarships
- Leadership Qualities: Potential candidates will be evaluated by the NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee on the basis of leadership qualities and accomplishments with a demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy, as well as involvement in extracurricular activities. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Academic Achievement: Scholastic success is a necessary condition for consideration and will be measured using current college transcripts.
All pharmacy students who are NCPA student members are eligible to apply for one of the NCPA Foundation Scholarships per academic year. The student must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy on a full-time basis during the term that the scholarship is awarded. Note: Students may only receive this award one time.
Children of NCPA Foundation Officers, NCPA Officers, or NCPA Executive Committee members are not eligible to participate in the program.
For more details: https://www.ncpafoundation.org/presidential/
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Each applicant must complete an NCPA Foundation Scholarship Application Form. In addition, the student must provide the following materials with the completed application:
- Most recent official transcript of his or her college grades.
- A letter from a school official familiar with the student's activities. This letter should briefly describe the student's extracurricular accomplishments, leadership qualities and contributions to the school.
- A letter from a pharmacy owner or manager, preferably an NCPA member. This letter should briefly describe the student's extracurricular accomplishments, leadership qualities, contributions to the profession of pharmacy and pharmacist's knowledge of applicant's interest in independent pharmacy as a career.
- A letter from the applicant to the NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee outlining his or her school and civic accomplishments and objectives for the future. Must provide a separate description of his or her demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy and vision for the development of innovative pharmacy practices that emphasize quality patient care leading to improved patient health outcomes.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae describing the student's work and professional experience.
Mail your application to:
NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee
100 Daingerfield Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
Questions? Call 800-544-7447800-544-7447 FREE or email