University of Washington Alumni Association Multicultural Alumni Partnership Scholarship
Website: Multicultural Alumni Partnership
The University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA) Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) awards scholarships to deserving University of Washington students who need financial assistance to assist with their progress toward a degree at the UW.
One of MAP's missions is to promote the UW and the UWAA. It supports the recruitment of diverse students, faculty and staff and encourages appropriate mentoring activities.
Qualifications for MAP Scholarships:
• Continuing UW student in good standing (@ UW-Seattle, UW-Bothell or UW-Tacoma)
• Full-time student at the University of Washington, undergraduate or graduate/professional
• Minimum one quarter at the UW
• Financial aid need as determined by the UW Office of Student Financial Aid
• Applicants do not have to be a US Citizen or resident. International students and undocumented students are welcome to apply.
- Us Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
- In addition to the application form, you will need:
- Copy of UW transcript (unofficial transcript acceptable)
- In 250 words per question, please answer the following three questions in a personal narrative. In answering these questions, we encourage you to draw upon your positionality, passions, and personal history to discuss how you are uniquely situated to pursue impactful scholarship - research, teaching, and service.
-Explain why you need this scholarship and your financial need.
-How have you been impacted by the presence or lack of privilege?
-How will you use your privilege to impact others?
As a reference for what is privilege and areas to consider, please see the diagram included in the application details. You do not need to use this as a reference to answer the questions above.
Additional materials will not be accepted. MAP will not accept phone calls regarding application status. Recipients will be contacted notified by email. Non-recipients will not be notified; if you have not been contacted within five weeks of the application deadline, you were not selected. However, the Office of Student Financial Aid will retain your application in case other scholarship funds become available. All information will be kept confidential.
The Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) strives to maintain a close relationship with its scholarship recipients. Support of a diverse student body is at the heart of MAP's mission. Students are our future alumni; thus, MAP aims to support students and encourages your involvement in our programs.
Questions: Contact Julie Peter, firstname.lastname@example.org