University of Washington Alumni Association Multicultural Alumni Partnership Scholarship
Website: Multicultural Alumni Partnership
The University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA) Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) awards scholarships to deserving University of Washington students who need financial assistance to assist with their progress toward a degree at the UW.
One of MAP's missions is to promote the UW and the UWAA. It supports the recruitment of diverse students, faculty and staff and encourages appropriate mentoring activities.
Qualifications for MAP Scholarships:
- Applicants do not have to be a US Citizen or resident. International students and undocumented students are welcome to apply.
- Continuing UW student in good standing at UW-Seattle, UW-Bothell or UW-Tacoma
- Full-time student at the University of Washington, undergraduate or graduate/professional
- Minimum one quarter at the UW
- Financial aid need as determined by the UW Office of Student Financial Aid
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Apply at https://www.washington.edu/alumni/map-scholarship-information-and-application-2/.
Completing this online application process includes two steps. *PLEASE NOTE: This form cannot be saved and edited later. You must complete questionnaire and upload all documents at the same time.
Step 1: Complete UWAA MAP scholarship application questionnaire.
Step 2: Upload two scholarship documents:
- Copy of UW transcript (unofficial transcript acceptable)
- Personal Narrative: In 250 words per question, please answer the following three questions. In answering these questions, we encourage you to draw upon your positionality, passions, and personal history to discuss how you are uniquely situated to pursue impactful scholarship through research, teaching, and service.
- Explain why you need this scholarship and your financial need.
- How have you been impacted by the presence or lack of privilege?
- How will you use your privilege to impact others?
The Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) strives to maintain a close relationship with its scholarship recipients. Support of a diverse student body is at the heart of MAP's mission. Students are our future alumni; thus, MAP aims to support students and encourages your involvement in our programs.
Questions? Contact the UW Alumni Association at 206-543-0540 or UWalumni@uw.edu