Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Foundation Scholarship - Pacific Northwest Chapter
The CMAA Pacific Northwest Chapter is accepting scholarship applications. If you will be enrolled in a Construction Management or Engineering degree program within a Pacific Northwest college or University during the next school year, you are eligible to apply. Scholarships will be given out in the amount of $6,000 to undergraduate and graduate students. The Chapter will also be awarding an $8,000 for the Jerry Page Laford Memorial Scholarship to the highest ranked scholarship submittal.
Simply complete the scholarship application (available for download at https://pnwcmaa.org/), making sure to refer to the application directions, and submit it with all accompanying attachments electronically to Craig Sweet, Scholarship chair at email@example.com.
- Must have completed a minimum of one full academic year of studies and must have a minimum of one full academic year remaining prior to completing the degree being pursued unless in your senior year of undergraduate program.
- Must be enrolled in a Construction Management degree program, or other CM-related degree program, and show a strong interest in a career in CM, as demonstrated by a response to the essay question in the application package.
- If the successful candidates qualify, they will be also forwarded for consideration for the national Keville Scholarship : This scholarship is for minority or female applicants. Minorities recognized are those specified by the EEOC, i.e. American Indian or Alaskan Native; Asian or Pacific Islander; Black; and Hispanic.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
The CMAA Foundation works with the many regional CMAA chapters throughout the country. Scholarship applications should be submitted to the Pacific Northwest CMAA Chapter.
Note, the Pacific Northwest CMAA Chapter will forward completed applications for consideration for the National CMAA Foundation Scholarship.
The Chapter will be using similar criteria in reviewing applications as the National CMAA Foundation scholarship selection committee, and will consider the following in selecting winners of the scholarships:
- Academic performance: 30%
- Quality of written responses to topics: 30%
- Recommendation of faculty advisor: 15%
- Extracurricular activities: 25%
- BONUS: Student member of CMAA National: 5%
Complete the scholarship application (available for download at https://pnwcmaa.org/), making sure to refer to the application directions, and submit it with all accompanying attachments electronically to Craig Sweet, Scholarship chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Craig Sweet (email@example.com) for any questions prior to the deadline and/or final submittal.