ItaliaRail Scholarship Program
ItaliaRail is excited to give students a chance to study abroad and experience the magic and majesty of Italy. To this end, we have created the ItaliaRail Scholarship for those who have enrolled in their university's Study Abroad program for Italy.
We will be giving 2 scholarships worth $1,000 each, plus a 3-day Italy Rail Pass for each winnder during the Fall 2018 semester. Applications must be submitted between March 15, 2018 and July 30, 2018. Winners will be chosen after the deadline for submission has ended, and those selected will be notified in July 15th, 2018.
The Selection Committee reviews all applications to determine the best overall applicants. The highest-rated students are selected as scholarship recipients. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic record, educational/career objective, financial need, and overall experience objective.
- Must be enrolled in second or third year undergraduate education program at a recognized US university or college.
- Must have been accepted and confirmed participation in Italy study abroad program (having paid deposit to hold place)
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Be on financial aid.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Scholarship Application: (YOUR NAME & COLLEGE)"
- Your current GPA
- Financial Aid Letter supporting your need (FAFSA documents are acceptable)
- Essay: 150 words on why you want to study abroad in Italy
- Social Media:
- Follow us on Instagram: xoitaly
- Post a video of no more than 30 seconds to your feed
- Share your "Top 3 Reason Why You Love Italy"
- Hashtag #xoitaly #ItaliaRailScholarship
- Don't forget to tag us (@xoitaly) and the University/College you would be studying at during your semester abroad
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who do not provide all of the above WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED for the Fall 2018 scholarship.