Horace and Susie Revels Cayton Scholarship for Public Relations
Website: Public Relations Society of America Puget Sound
Scholarship worth up to $4,000 and honors outstanding college students pursuing a career in public relations. . This scholarship was established in 1992 in memory of Horace and Susie Revels Cayton. At the turn of the century, the Revels were editors of a popular political newspaper, The Seattle Republican. In later life, after publishing Cayton's Weekly, the couple turned their publishing expertise into a public relations business and were likely Seattle's first minority public relations practitioners. Each year the chapter seeks to recognize a minority student from Washington who demonstrates academic achievement, a desire to practice public relations and financial need.
- Identify as a student of color – Black, African American, Asian American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander
- Interest and aptitude in public relations demonstrated by courses taken, extracurricular activity participation and/or internships
- Full-time sophomore or junior in the current academic year pursuing a career in public relations who will be a full-time junior or senior during the upcoming academic year at a Washington State college or university (Washington State students attending college out-of-state also may apply if they graduated from a Washington high school or have a parent who currently lives in Washington State year-round)
- Academic achievement
- Financial need (FAFSA not required)
- Have overcome barriers in pursuit of personal or academic goals
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Application forms are available online at https://www.prsafoundation.org/scholarships-awards/prsa-puget-sound-scholarships/
Applicants must include a certified college transcript with the application. Please allow time (1-2 weeks) for your college or university to process transcript requests. Scholarship funds will be paid to the appropriate university department and credited to the recipient. See the application form for more information.
Take special care to review your application to assure it is complete and error free. Your application will be reviewed by public relations professionals and will be held to a high professional standard. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
For more information, contact the PRSA Puget Sound Office:
206-623-8632, or firstname.lastname@example.org