Alliance of German Universities of Applied Sciences Study and Internship Program
Website: German Universities of Applied Sciences Study and Internship Program
UAS7 is an alliance of seven leading universities of applied sciences (UAS) in Germany, recognized for their excellence in teaching, their strong professional and international orientation and their focus on applied research. UAS7 members:
- Berlin School of Economics and Law
- Bremen UAS
- TH Köln
- Hamburg UAS
- Munich UAS
- Münster UAS
- Osnabrück UAS
UAS7 represents a broad variety of about 600 degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Our 92,000 students, 2500 full-time faculty members and several thousand part-time lecturers from industry and business study, teach, and research in Berlin, Bremen, Cologne, Hamburg, Munich, Münster, and Osnabrück. The alliance members collaborate with more than 1400 university partners worldwide.
The programs include:
For international students we offer summer programs and semester and year exchange opportunities, as well as Bachelor's and Master's programs, including graduate programs in English, for degree-seeking students.
Please note that there are three distinct programs and deadlines to consider for UAS7:
- Internship Program (IP) (apply by October 1 each year)
- Study Program (SP) (apply by October 1 each year)
- Study & Internship Program (SIP) (apply by Feb. 15 each year)
- Full-time students in good academic standing currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university (college or university must be based in the U.S. or in Canada). U.S. or Canadian citizenship is not required.
- Currently enrolled as sophomores or juniors in a field represented on UAS7 campuses - engineering, science, life sciences, business, management, economics, architecture, art, design, journalism, social work.
- Fulfillment of all steps of the application process by the deadline.
Competitive applicants will have an outstanding record of academic achievement (minimum U.S. GPA of 3.0 or equivalent), language skills commensurate with their proposed course of study and internship in Germany, strong support from academic and study abroad advisors, and a well-reasoned Study Plan and Statement of Motivation.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Complete instructions and application materials are available online.
- February: Deadline for Internship Program (IP), Study Program (SP), or Study & Internship Program (SIP) starting in upcoming Fall
- October: Deadline for Study Program (SP) and Internship Program (IP) starting in following Spring
Since 2006, the Study and Internship Program (SIP) has enabled highly qualified undergraduates from U.S. and Canadian colleges and universities to experience the German approach to hands-on education at a member of UAS7, a consortium of Germany's top Universities of Applied Sciences. SIP students spend a semester studying at a UAS7 campus and a semester interning.
Starting in 2013, our offerings have been expanded to include the Internship Program (IP) andStudy Program (SP). IP students will intern at laboratories at UAS7 members over a period of 2-6 months. SP students will study for a semester at a UAS7 member.
Contact our New York office:
UAS7 Liaison Office New York
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Phone +1 212 758 3369
More information at www.uas7.org