Fred G. Zahn Scholarship Fund
The Fred G. Zahn Scholarship was established to provide scholarships to students in the state of Washington who are graduating high school and are continuing their education by attending a college, university, or post-graduate institute. Bank of America, N.A., serves as Trustee. Scholarship awards are $1,500 per student.
To qualify, you must have:
- Graduated or be graduating from a high school located within Washington State
- Be attending any accredited college or university in the state of Washington and
- Have resided in Washington for at least six months.
Candidates are ranked according to those who by their effort, scholarship achievement and character have evidenced their ability to benefit themselves and others by continuing their education. Financial need for assistance in order to continue your education is one of the major considerations for awards.
Previous award winners will need to reapply each year to qualify for consideration.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
The following items must be included for you to be considered for review:
- Completed application.
- Copy of high school and college transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- The most recent approved FAFSA, WAFSFA, a copy of the financial need award letter, or some other documentation demonstrating financial need.
- A personal essay that explains why you deserve this scholarship.
Items must be sent as a PDF or as a Microsoft Word document.
Your application and all supporting documents must be emailed by the deadline to Jean Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions please contact:
Jean M. Harrison