English Department Undergraduate Scholarships
Website: UW English Department
English department scholarships are available to UW Seattle English majors enrolled as an undergraduate for two quarters by the application deadline. Scholarships are awarded by the English Department Undergraduate Education Committee and are announced before the end of Spring quarter. All current English majors are invited to apply.
Please visit the English Department Scholarships website for the most current awards.
Requirements (Please confirm with Humanities Advising Services (HAS) before applying):
- UW GPA of 3.5
- UW English GPA of 3.7
- One letter of recommendation from an English department faculty member.
- Minimum of 10 credits of UW English course work completed before Winter Quarter begins. Courses taken during Winter Quarter will not count towards the 10 credit minimum.
- During the term of the scholarship, recipients must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits each quarter
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
- Fill out the English Department Undergraduate Scholarship application here:
- Please note, to complete your application for English Department Undergraduate Scholarships you will need to upload in the application page:
- a short (250 word) biography. The biography should convey a sense of who you are: perhaps how you came to attend the UW; what shaped your life leading up to school, what continues to do so, as well as your plans for the future. The biography will be in Word format, with your name removed from all pages. No PDFs accepted.
- a paper you consider to be your best work in an undergraduate UW Seattle English course. The paper will be submitted in Word Format, with your name removed from all pages. No PDFs.
For more information, please contact Annee Fisher in the English Department firstname.lastname@example.org