University of Washington College of Engineering Scholarships
Website: School of Engineering
The College of Engineering and its academic departments award hundreds of undergraduate scholarships each academic year. Funds are awarded annually based on financial need and/or academic performance and are designed to be integrated into a student's total financial aid package.
Scholarship awards are made by each of the ten engineering departments and by a central scholarship office in the College. The online scholarship application provides options to submit an application to a specific engineering department.
- Applied to and/or Admitted to UW Direct to College
- UW-Seattle only
The central scholarship office in the College of Engineering makes a small number of awards to entering first-year ENGRUD students. Selection is based on students' University admission application, and preference is given to students with financial need who are Washington state residents. No other application is required. Most are 2-year awards, renewable as long as students make satisfactory academic progress. Students will be notified in their UW admission letters from the Office of Admissions if selected.
For more information on undergraduate scholarship opportunities, visit the UW Student Financial Aid website.
Entering transfer students
The following departments will consider applications from transfer applicants who have applied or are planning to apply for admission to the major: CEE, ECE, HCDE, ISE, MSE, and ME. All admitted transfer applicants who have submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are also encouraged to submit a scholarship application to the College of Engineering during the August application time period.
Declared engineering majors
Students already admitted to an engineering department should submit an application to their department.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
- Check your department deadlines and initiate the online application. A UW NetID is required. Be prepared to enter your UW email address, proposed major, extracurricular activities, work experience, and a personal statement. Note that all communication about scholarship awards are sent electronically to your UW email address, so be sure to check this regularly.
- Complete the application by the deadline. An email confirming receipt of the scholarship application is sent to the applicant. Within about one month of the application deadline, the scholarship administrator notifies students of their status by email.
- Accept or decline any awards you are offered by returning to the online application.
- Complete a student profile if you accept an award.
- Write a donor thank you letter. Log in to the application page to complete the letter. Note that funds will not be released without submission of the letter (if a letter is required).
- Keep in mind the CoE Scholar-Donor Recognition Luncheon in November. If the donors of your scholarship plan to attend, you will receive an email invitation in October to meet the individuals who are helping to make your education possible. (Please note: CSE and ME hold separate events at other times of year; if you are in either of those departments, the November date may not apply to you.)
- A&A, BioE, CSE: Aeronautics & Astronautics, Bioengineering, and Computer Science & Engineering accept applications only from students currently in those respective departments.
- You do not need to select a specific scholarship during the application process. Scholarship administrators match recipients to scholarships.
- Chemical Engineering students should contact their department advising staff for information on departmental scholarships.
- If you have questions about the process, please email email@example.com.
Please see https://www.engr.washington.edu/current/scholarships for additional tips and guidance.
If you have questions about the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.