Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships
Website: Endeavor Scholarships & Fellowships
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the Australian Government’s internationally competitive, merit-based scholarship programme that provides up to AU$272,500 for study, research or professional development opportunities between Australia and the world.
Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship provides up to AU$272,500 for eligible non-Australians, including Americans and Canadians, to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field in Australia for up to four (4) years.
Endeavour Research Fellowships provides up to AU$24,500 for American and Canadian postgraduate research students and postdoctoral researchers to undertake 4-6 months of research in Australia.
Endeavour Executive Fellowship provides up to AU$18,500 professional development opportunities of (1 to 4 months) for high achievers in business, industry, education or government from eligible participating countries.
All recipients will receive:
- $3,000 travel allowance
- $2,000 (for fellowships) or $4,000 (for scholarships) establishment allowance
- $3,000 monthly stipend (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis)
- tuition fees as shown in the tables, paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees
- other payments as shown in the table
- health insurance for the full programme duration (OSHC for non-Australians)
- travel insurance (excluding during programme for non-Australians)
What the programme offers:
As a scholarship or fellowship recipient, you will gain invaluable international experience in study, research or professional development. The Department has engaged a contractor to provide post-selection support services to all recipients including: a dedicated case manager; pre-departure briefings; provision of advice on health; travel insurance; accommodation; security; payment of allowances; and reporting to the Department on the recipient’s progress.
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme
- be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country
- commence their proposed programme after 1 January 2016 and no later than 30 November 2016. Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their intended programme prior to 2016 are not eligible to apply
- provide all relevant supporting documentation
- not currently hold or have completed, since 1 January 2014, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government)
- not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship.
- a record of high-level academic achievement and/or relevant work experience in the applicant’s chosen field of study (40%)
- a well-defined study, research and /or professional programme (20%)
- statement on how the international study, research or professional development opportunity would further the applicant’s academic and/or professional career (20%)
- statement on how the international study, research or professional development opportunity will benefit Australia and the applicant’s potential to foster ongoing collaboration and cooperation with their home and host country (10%)
- statement in support of the applicant’s service to the community. Unpaid service within the applicant’s field of expertise or community service in outside capacities (10%).
- be citizens and/or an official permanent resident of Australia and must remain so for the duration of their programme
- not undertake their programme in a country where they hold citizenship/dual citizenship or permanent residency.
- be citizens and/or permanent residents of a participating country and remain so for the duration of their programme
- not hold citizenship/dual citizenship or permanent residency of Australia.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Applicants must read the following documentation before applying.
Should you have any enquiries that are not addressed in the Frequently Asked Questions or the Applicant Guidelines please email email@example.com.
Please allow up to five to seven (5-7) working days to receive a response to your enquiry.