Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Education Assistance for Children and Spouses
Website: Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
The Society’s Education Assistance Program offers interest-free loans and grants for undergraduate or master's degree at an accredited 2- or 4-year post secondary, technical or vocational institution in the United States. This financial assistance is available for children of active duty, retired or deceased Sailors and Marines; and for spouses of active duty and retired Sailors and Marines.
- Interest free loans and grants range from $500 to $3,000 per academic year
- Amount to be provided to each applicant will be determined by NMCRS
- Funds are payable and provided to the student’s academic institution, not the student
Eligibility Requirements --
Applicants MUST be one of the following:
- child (under age 23 on May 1) of an active duty, retired or deceased Sailor or Marine
- spouse of an active duty or retired Sailor or Marine
- MECEP/MECP student
And all students MUST be:
- Registered in DEERS (Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System)
- Enrolled, or planning to enroll, as a full-time student for the entire year (Aug-May) at the same institution and pursuing an undergraduate or master's degree at a post-secondary, technical, or vocational institution that is:
- Located in the United States
- Accredited by a regional/national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education
- A participant in the U.S. Department of Education Title IV Financial Aid Programs
- Have a cumulative 2.0 or better GPA on a 4.0 grade scale
- Able to DEMONSTRATE FINANCIAL NEED
- Funds are to be used only for tuition, books, fees, room, and board
- Repayment of interest free loans must be by military payroll allotment or EFT within 24 months of the loan disbursal and must begin September 1
- Students must complete a new application for each academic year
Application, and ALL supporting documentation, must be postmarked no later than the deadline!
For assistance, contact email@example.com or call (703)696-4960.