Chinese Government Scholarship Program
Website: China Scholarship Council
Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports graduate students.
Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language:
- Supporting Category. This scholarship only supports graduate students.
- Duration. This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
- Instruction Language. Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable. (Program Search can help you find the program and university you're interested in by visiting http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org).
All applicants are requested to provide their language proficiency certificates for the scholarship applications. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must provide a valid Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) certificate. Undergraduate or non-degree (general scholar & senior scholar) candidates should have achieved HSK Level III or above; Postgraduate candidates should have achieved HSK Level IV or above. Applicants for English-taught programs should provide valid English Proficiency Test (IELTS or TOFEL) certificates.
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply: Apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program.
When to Apply: You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the Chinese universities for the specific deadline of each year.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
- The requirements for applicants’degree and age are that applicants must:
be a high school graduate and no more than 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
be a master’s degree holder and no more than 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Step 1 - Apply directly to your target university.
Step 2 - Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult your target university for the Instructions of the CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
Step 3 - Submit all your application documents to your target university before the deadline.
Only applications of recommended candidates from designated Chinese universities will be considered by CSC.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina; http://www.campuschina.org
Address: Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council
Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P.R China