American Society of Microbiology (ASM) Future Leaders Mentoring Fellowship
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Be an ASM member.
- Be a master's and/or doctoral graduate student.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, DACA eligible or international student.
- Be from an underrepresented group (e.g. racial and ethnic backgrounds, individuals with disabilities and disadvantaged backgrounds).
- Demonstrate an interest in the microbial sciences and seek mentorship in navigating their career trajectory.
- Commit to a 2-year collaboration with mentoring relationships of current and incoming cohorts.
Student applicants are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract for presentation at ASM Microbe. Funding will only be provided to individuals who have an accepted abstract to present at ASM Microbe.
We encourage all international students, who wish to attend ASM Microbe to apply early for visa-status (if applicable). Please know that the FLMF will not incur the cost of visa applications.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status