Anita Borg Technical Leadership Award
Website: Anita Borg Institute
The Technical Leadership Abie Award is our most prestigious award and celebrates a woman who led or developed a product, process, or innovation that made a notable impact on business or society.
Nominees must work on projects that require deep technical knowledge and must demonstrate a commitment to increasing the representation of women and non-binary people in tech.
Nominees are executive and/or senior-level technologists who inspire the technology community through outstanding technological contributions and remain committed to increasing the representation of women and non-binary people in tech. Nominees are evaluated based on the following:
- Contributions to Technology: The nominee has demonstrated leadership by undertaking sustained technical work that covers important new ground. Consider the breadth, depth, and sustained nature of their work as a technologist and leader.
- Overall Impact: The technical contributions of the nominee have strongly impacted their industry or the society
- Impact on Women and Non-Binary Technologists: The nominee has deliberately acted to increase women and non-binary people’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee
- Endorsers should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which that endorser can attest to and place in context.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words)
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Landscape orientation high resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG)
- The recipient is honored at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to the Abie Award Ceremony on the Mainstage at GHC.
- The award winner will also have a few speaking engagements throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- Trip to GHC (Includes lodging, GHC registration, and a stipend for travel and expenses during the event)
- Additionally, recipients will receive $50,000.
Contact email@example.com with questions.