Ruby Linsao Early Learning Scholarship
The Ruby Linsao Early Learning Scholarship, supported by the College of Education and Undergraduate Academic Affairs, will support University of Washington undergraduate students committed to working with and/or on behalf of young children. Ruby Linsao was an educator and advocate for our country’s youngest and most vulnerable children. Her passion was demonstrated academically and professionally by her work with the Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center, Jumpstart and the National Center on Quality Teaching and Learning through the College of Education at the University of Washington.
- The scholarship is open to any undergraduate of all majors studying at the University of Washington, Bothell, Seattle, or Tacoma campus.
- Students must demonstrate a commitment to early learning and development in young children (birth – 8 years old).
- The scholarship is open to all students regardless of citizenship status.
- Priority will be given to students who are able to demonstrate significant financial need.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Please complete and submit the application by noon on Friday, January 28th, 2022. In addition to a completed application, a resume and a recommendation letter are required. The letter can be from a mentor, professor, supervisor or someone who can speak to your abilities, experiences and/or capacity to advocate for and make a positive impact on the lives of young children. Please ask them to email a letter in a PDF format directly to Sarah Perez Hamilton, Ruby Linsao Early Learning Committee Member, at email@example.com.
Students with strong written applications will be invited to an interview to be held on Friday, February 11th between 12:30 and 5:00 pm (please hold this date on your schedule; candidates will be contacted in advance if they are selected for an interview).
One student will be awarded a $3000 scholarship to be used towards their educational expenses for up to two quarters.
Sarah Perez Hamilton
UW Staff Alum and Ruby Linsao Scholarship Committee Member