Ernest R. Stiefel Phi Beta Kappa Graduate Study Award
Website: Phi Beta Kappa
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must be members of Phi Beta Kappa elected at the University of Washington or the University of Puget Sound; and
- Beginning graduate work at either the University of Washington or the University of Puget Sound in the following academic year;
- Graduate study may be in the liberal arts, humanities, sciences, or professions;
- Financial need as demonstrated by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) document on file at the applicant’s current institution;
- Social utility of applicant’s educational and career goals;
- Applicant’s work experience;
- Achieving academic success in the face of significant personal adversity, economic disadvantage or disability, if applicable.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- The Ernest Stiefel Award application form (available at https://www.psa-pbk.org/scholarships)
Signature on the application authorizes release of financial information. The institution will then have permission to confirm unmet need with the Association’s Scholarship Award Committee.
- A personal letter outlining
- Education and career goals
- Statement of financial need
- Description of the applicant’s work experience and significant personal adversity, economic disadvantage or disability, if applicable.
- Official transcript of college work
Puget Sound Association of Phi Beta Kappa
P.O. Box 15258
Seattle, WA 98115