Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities
Website: Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo has developed this scholarship program to help people with disabilities obtain their education or training necessary to succeed in the career path of their choice.
The program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor, and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team. Awards for this scholarship are granted to eligible recipients without regard to creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
- Have an identified disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major life activity)
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent
- Be a high school senior or graduate who plans to enroll or who is already enrolled in full-time or half-time (at least 6 credits per term) undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire academic year following application.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Apply online at https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/pwdscholarship/.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 used for the Financial Information Page
- One online recommendation must be submitted on your behalf by July - See website for exact date.
- Each applicant will be required to submit an essay on the question: What life experiences have shaped who you are today?
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of goals and aspirations
- An online recommendation
Financial need as calculated by Scholarship America must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Only the first 700 applications submitted will be considered for scholarship evaluation.
Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities - Program Information
For questions or help accessing the application:
Call: Toll Free 1-844-402-0357
Customer Service is available during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. CST