Caroline Gibson Scholarship in Marine Studies
Website: Northwest Straits Foundation
In honor of Caroline Gibson’s enduring love and commitment to the Salish Sea, the Northwest
Straits Foundation is pleased to invite applications for the 2022 Caroline Gibson Scholarship in
Marine Studies. Scholarships support current college students pursuing applied academic
studies in marine science, policy, education and management of the Salish Sea.
Two scholarships of $2,500 will be awarded to undergraduate or graduate students in the Puget
Sound region. Applications are being accepted until February 19, 2022. Scholarships will be
awarded March 1, 2022.
Undergraduate or graduate students in the Puget Sound region.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Please submit a completed application comprised of the essay questions and supporting details
1. Your name, mailing address, phone and email.
2. Education information: university attending; degree program and major; anticipated
graduation; and, why you chose this school or program.
3. Tell us what makes you a good candidate for this scholarship.
4. Essay 1: What is the most important environmental issue facing the Salish Sea today?
What steps should we take to address it? (500 – 1000 words)
5. Essay 2: How do you hope to be involved in marine conservation as a result of your
studies? (500 – 1000 words)
6. Essay 3: Please describe a marine or terrestrial conservation project you’ve been
involved in and how it was successful. (250- 500 words)
7. Please provide three references with at least one being academic. Include name, title,
address, email and phone.
8. Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Caroline
Gibson Scholarship Application.”
You may email email@example.com with questions about the scholarship application.
Please allow one-to-two days for a response.