Caroline Gibson Scholarship in Marine Studies
Website: Northwest Straits Foundation
In honor of Caroline Gibson’s enduring love and commitment to the Salish Sea, the Northwest
Straits Foundation is pleased to invite applications for the Caroline Gibson Scholarship in
Marine Studies. Scholarships support current college students pursuing applied academic
studies in marine science, policy, education and management of the Salish Sea.
Undergraduate or graduate students in the Puget Sound region.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Please submit a completed application comprised of the essay questions and supporting details listed below:
- Your name, mailing address, phone and email.
- Education information: university attending; degree program and major; anticipated graduation; and, why you chose this school or program.
- Tell us what makes you a good candidate for this scholarship.
- Essay 1: What is the most important environmental issue facing the Salish Sea today? (500 – 1000 words)
- Essay 2: How do you hope to be involved in marine conservation as a result of your studies? (500 – 1000 words)
- Essay 3: Please describe a marine or terrestrial conservation project you’ve been involved in and how it was successful. (250 - 500 words)
- Please provide three references with at least one being academic. Include name, title, address, email and phone.
Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Caroline Gibson Scholarship Application.”
During her career in the Northwest Straits, Caroline served as Director of the Northwest Straits
Foundation, as Marine Program Manager at the Northwest Straits Commission, and as a
member of the Jefferson Marine Resources Committee. Her spark and passion inspired others to
not just talk about marine conservation, but to roll up their sleeves and do it!
You may email email@example.com with questions about the scholarship application.
Please allow one-to-two days for a response.