NEWH: Northwest Scholarship
Website: NEWH: Northwest Scholarship
THE Network of the Hospitality Industry
NEWH is the premier networking resource for the hospitality industry, providing scholarships, education, leadership development, recognition of excellence, and business development opportunities. It’s about Scholarship, Education, and Business Networking
Who We Are:
Members of NEWH, Inc. are professionals actively engaged in development, management/ operations, architecture, communications, design, distribution, education, manufacturing, production, purchasing, and sales of the Hospitality, Foodservice, Senior Living and related industries.
This organization offers several scholarships. Please see full details on their website. Students do not need to be a member to apply for scholarships, however, membership is free to full-time educators and students.
NW Chapter Scholarships eligibility:
- Actively enrolled student: 2-year program freshman and above, 4-year sophomore / second year and above, or graduate level - Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Montana
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative) overall "B" average or grade percentage of 83% – 86% equivalent.
- Financial need through college for past/current/upcoming tuition or program approved books/supplies.
- Major and career objective within a hospitality related field (interior design, architecture, hospitality management, culinary, etc.)
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Apply online at https://newh.org/products/checkout/#28.
- Official Transcript
- Up to 3 letters of recommendation: (example from professor, advisor, employer, etc.)
- Student Essay 500-word maximum to include:
- Background of yourself and your experience
- Your goals and objectives after graduation
- What prompted you to choose this career?
- Contributions you have made to your school program or to fellow students through leadership/participation
- Why is obtaining this scholarship important to you?
- If your application is not accepted, what plans do you have for financing?
Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Montana
Kathryn (Katy) Clark