Robert W. Libbey Chinese Language Scholarship for Navy and Marine Veterans
The Department of Asian Languages and Literature now offers the Robert W. Libbey Chinese Language Scholarship for Navy and Marine Veterans. The scholarship awards between $3,000 and $6,000 to one or more qualified continuing undergraduate or graduate students during the following academic year.
Qualified applicants will:
- be Navy or Marine veterans;
- be declared Chinese majors, minors, MA, or PhD students, or plan to be enrolled in Chinese language during the entire following academic year;
- have exemplary academic records;
- be an enrolled UW student.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Applications must include:
- brief statement from the applicant describing their academic and career goals;
- proof of Navy or Marine veteran status;
- one letter of recommendation.
Application materials should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the deadline.
Announcements of awards will be made at the department's spring Convocation and Awards Ceremony.