Explorers Club Student Grants
Website: Explorers Club
The Explorers Club is proud of its history and also looks toward the future by recognizing the importance of new ideas and avenues of exploration. The Club is deeply committed to supporting the fieldwork of serious researchers and, as part of its public service commitment, offers exploration grants in the following categories.
High School Students and College Undergraduates
The goal of this grant category is to foster a new generation of explorers dedicated to the advancement of the scientific knowledge of our world. The average award is approximately $1,500.
Graduate Students and Immediate Post-Doc
This category of grant supports exploration and field research for those who are just beginning their research careers. Awards are approximately $2,500 to $5000.
See their website for more detailed information on each grant.
Awards for both categories range from $500 to $5,000. We recommend keeping your budget realistic.
Open to students at all levels. Applicants must be conducting individual scientific or exploration research projects through their respective schools with a supervising instructor.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Both The Exploration Fund Grant and The Youth Activity Fund Grant will require you to submit a:
- One page description of your project with attention to scientific objectives.
- Description of qualifications of your project associates and the specific sites of your proposed research.
- One paragraph description of your career objectives and aspirations and how this project fits into that plan.
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor
- Copy of a current student ID.
- Budget outline.
The Explorers Club
46 East 70th Street
New York, NY 10021
Phone: 212-628-8383 Fax: 212-288-4449