Building Industry Association of Washington Scholarship
The Building Industry Association of Washington scholarship assists and encourages workforce training in the construction industry. Known as the 'voice of the housing industry,' the Building Industry Association of Washington is the largest trade association in Washington State, representing over 8,000 member companies involved in the home building business.
BIAW welcomes Washington residents to apply for a Scholarship, which may be used to fund almost any post-secondary education, i.e., college or vocational, public or private.
BIAW will award:
- $30,000 in scholarship awards to students and programs supporting construction industry-related fields.
- Scholarship awards are for single academic school years. Applicants may reapply for scholarship awards in subsequent years
- be a resident of Washington State.
- Students who will be applying to any Washington state accredited community, vocational/technical college, or university
- Students who can demonstrate a need for additional funding to complete their programs in a construction industry-related field of study
- 20% Academic Record
- 20% Work Experience
- 15% Community Service/ School Activities
- 15% Recommendations
- 15% Financial Need
- 15% Essay
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
Submit the following items and mail to:
BIAW, Education Program
111 21st Avenue SW
Olympia, WA 98501
1. Application Form. Fill out completely or mark N/A if not applicable. Incomplete information may affect the rating of your application. All information you provide is strictly confidential.
2. Three letters of recommendation describing your qualifications that make you a clear choice for a BIAW scholarship. At least two letters should be from those who interact with you in your professional life: supervisor, co-worker, counselor, teacher, etc.
3. Academic transcript (unofficial copy allowed) from your last two semesters, three quarters, or a copy of your most recent transcript.
4. Essay (250 words min.) on your career goals.
Since the Scholarship Program's inception in 2001, BIAW's Education Committee volunteers and BIAW staff have devoted countless hours resulting in the award of 249 scholarships totaling nearly $345,000. BIAW continues to recognize education as the very core of our industry, and the Scholarship Program Supports those students that have selected home building as their life's work.
If you have any questions, call BIAW at 360-352-7800 or email email@example.com