Asian Pacific Community Fund - Taiwanese American Scholarship Fund
Website: Asian Pacific Community Fund
The Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is excited to partner with local donors to offer scholarship programs annually to financially assist students in their pursuit of higher education. Through a competitive process, scholarship recipients are selected by a review committee based on academic merits, community involvement, leadership skills as well as recommendation from a mentor. Many of our scholarship programs are intended to support low-income youth, and several programs encourage students to study locally at a community college or state university.
10 scholarships of $5,000 each will be awarded to high school seniors and first year college students planning to attend a university/college in the U.S. in coming fall. The Taiwanese American Scholarship Fund (TASF) is focused on helping economically challenged Taiwanese American youth fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident (holders of a Permanent Resident Card) AND a direct blood descendant of a Taiwanese citizen
- High school senior or 1st year college student residing in the United States
- Plan to attend a University or College as a full-time 1st or 2nd year student in the Fall of 2020 in the United States (If selected, high school seniors must submit college acceptance letter for verification.)
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school/college GPA of 3.0
- Have a household income at or below the Federal/State/County Low Income Level (Must be able to show 2018 or 2019 tax return should applicant be selected for award.)
- The scholarship is open to ALL MAJORS
All awardees must submit a short YouTube video.
(Detailed instructions will be provided to awardees at a later time.)
- Online Application Form
- Three References
- Official High School/College Transcript
Instructions and Guidelines:
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
The scholarship award can only be used to cover the cost of attending a university/college. This may include tuition, fees, books, supplies, living expenses, and meals. What is included in the cost of attendance varies by institution.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org