American Institute of Architects--Southwest Washington Chapter Scholarships
Website: AIA Southwest Washington
ARCHITECTURE SCHOLARSHIPS: A joint program of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Southwest Washington Chapter and AIA National, distributes scholarships to students from southwest Washington
State, pursuing a career in architecture.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: One or more scholarships of $1,000 -$2,000 each will be awarded for the academic year. (If no entry is deemed satisfactory, AIA SWW retains the right to not award a
scholarship.) Scholarships are renewable at $500 or more yearly, for students demonstrating continued success in the pursuit of an architectural degree.
Scholarships are offered to graduates of high schools in Pierce, Thurston, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Skamania, Wahkiakum, Grays Harbor, Clark, or Cowlitz Counties in Washington State who have
been accepted into an accredited architectural degree program. This includes recent graduates with direct admission into an architecture program, and second year college students who have just been
accepted into an accredited architectural program.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- Current high school or college transcript.
- Acceptance letter into an accredited architectural program.
- Resume, including non-academic achievements and interests.
- Letters of recommendations (two minimum) from teachers, professors and/or counselors.
- An essay of not more than 250 words describing why you’ve chosen to pursue a career in architecture and what you wish to accomplish.
- Portfolio of artwork, photographs or other work that helps to illustrate talent. (This material will be returned if a self-addressed pre-paid envelope is provided. This material may be reproduced by AIA
SWW and published in the AIA newsletter and/or website. An electronic submission is also acceptable.)
- A photo of yourself suitable for publishing on the local and national website. Photo will be used only if a scholarship is awarded. Submittal of photograph indicates permission to publish.
- Complete contact information including address, phone and email address.
Submittal materials to be postmarked or submitted by email no later than the deadline.
Mail to AIASWW, 708 Broadway, Suite 100B, Tacoma, WA 98402 or email to AIA@AIASWW.org
A press release will be sent to local media and the students' schools announcing the recipients.
Contact: Kris Schwarz – Executive Director, at 253-627-4006 if you are interested in learning more about the Scholarship Program.